Thursday, September 06, 2012

Doing What I Can

Last night, before I could get my brain to 'turn off', I was thinking that there seem to be two kinds of people in this world.
The first group of people are able to see their own shortcomings and are trying to become a better person. People who are traveling the same path as I am; a path that is, hopefully, leading to better self-awareness and a more mindful existence.

The second group of people stand firm in their beliefs and will not bend and will not grow. They do not see themselves as people who are capable of making mistakes (and therefore cannot learn from them). The type of people who wait for the opportunity to scream "I'm right! I'm right! ha ha you are wrong!" They take such glee in seeing another's misfortune. These are the kind of people who scream at others in order to make their point.

The latter group are not the kind of people I want to be around. I want to be around those who are changing and evolving and learning from themselves and the world around them.

it is hard to keep yourself grounded. It is hard to be real. Every day I find myself getting caught by the old traps, getting stuck in old ways of thinking. Sometimes I find myself imagining the worst outcome before the trip has even started. But then I pull myself out, into the light, and refocus. At least I try to!

There I was, last night, having these thoughts and then this morning I check in on my favorite blogger, Jon Katz at Bedlam Farm, and find this great quote:

“No matter how scared, or tired, or ill you are; no matter how lost, or confused, or desperate you become; no matter how lonely, depressed or cranky you feel…if you just do what you can, with what you have, from right where you are, it will always be enough.”

- The Law Of Relevance,” the Universe of Mike Dooley

And that, my friends, are words to live by.

These flowers are doing all they can!

No comments:

Post a Comment